Location is one of the most important considerations for farmers and growers of high-value cannabis plants because this is where most of the profit will be generated. Understanding how to pick a location for a Cannabis Grow Room Facility should be top of mind before getting started. From germinating seeds to vegetation and the flowering phase all the way to harvest, a lot of time will be spent in your cannabis grow room so it pays to make it the best working environment for both the marijuana crops and your staff.
When developing or expanding your grow room area, particularly if you’re a new grower, there are many variables to consider. At Grow Enclosures™ we provide you with the expertise to take you step-by-step and exactly what you need to make the very best use of any grow area.
Four-factors to Consider to Determine the Perfect Indoor Grow Space
The first step to setting up your own grow room is to find the perfect place. This is more important than you think because there are several factors to consider.
- Physical Location. Privacy and security is the first factor that a grower should consider when determining a grow space. It is best to keep the outside of your building unmarked or use a name that is not prevalent to what is going on inside unless you have heavy security out front. You certainly don’t want to put “Cannabis Grown Inside” on the front of your building. When selecting the location for your building choose a low crime area. If you can, pick a street or cul-de-sac with only one way in and one way out. This can deter people who may want to burglarize or break into your facility by making it harder to get in and out quickly.
- Ceilings. The higher the ceiling inside the building the better. You can always expand up for a lot less money than out in most areas of the country. At Grow Enclosures™ we can build two or three-story enclosures expanding the space for maximum grow yield. If you are just starting out you may want to consider a single-story enclosure that can be expanded up as your business accelerates.
- Windows and Walls. You want to be able to control the amount of light, temperature, and the environment for your cannabis grow space. The temperature of a brick or concrete exterior building stays consistent; however, may be too hot or too cold depending on its location; while a steel building will need to be well-insulated to protect plants from temperature fluctuations. Large, open windows can let in too much light and heat if not properly tinted and insulated. At Grow Enclosures, our modular rooms are built to your desired specifications allowing you to control the environment of an enclosed grow room, including heat and light.
- Floors. A clean concrete floor in a warehouse or other building is ideal for your grow room. You may be able to find a building with a dirt or gravel floor; however, they create their own issues with pests and the inability to clean thoroughly. Afterall, you don’t want to be pulling out weeds, or have to spray for various pests potentially harming your plants. Also, concrete keeps the temperature fairly consistent all year round.
- Electrical. Another major consideration that most people miss when setting up their grow room is the electricity requirements. You will be pulling a lot of power for lights, water systems, heat and air-conditioning. Make sure the building that you consider has enough power to meet the demands. It is extremely expensive to pull in a new main switchgear into the facility to meet your needs and can cost you tens of thousands of dollars of unexpected costs. At Grow Enclosures, we design your rooms so that the electrical outlets and wiring are exactly where you need them for optimum efficiency.
- Water Source. Water is the source for all things in life, and your cannabis or marijuana plants are no different. It’s important to have a clean water source. You may want to check with the local water district to see how clean their water is before deciding on an indoor grow space.
You want to be able to control every bit of the environment in your cannabis grow room and that’s where Grow Enclosures™ can best support you. With our state of the art, modular building options you can be certain that the environment of your cannabis grow room is optimized for maximum efficiency and value.
Get started building or expanding your cannabis grow business.